|Back to: Introduction | Search All | Search by Style|
Site: 18PR175 - Oxon Hill/Addison Plantation
Fill of cellar of c. 1680s building that
burned c. 1720s/1730s
Date Range: 1720s-1730s
Size: 35 mm diameter
Style: Initials and Names
Wine bottle seal molded with ligatured initials T and A inside a beaded circle. McNulty (2004) refers to conjoined initials as “ligatured”.
Plantation owner Thomas Addison inherited property in 1705. Colonel of militia between 1714 and death in 1729.