Cluster 2: Solomon’s Island Area
the River to the north of the Patuxent River Naval Air Station
is the second group of sites that seems to be indicative of
a much less dynamic neighborhood. Following the story of these
sites chronologically, the earliest of them was Compton, a
c. 1651-1665 plantation that has been attributed a Quaker named
William Stevens and his family, though it probably also had
tenant occupants into the 1680s.